The Communicate Cyber Incident Response & Management (CIRM) Service comprises an expert, multi-disciplinary team ready to respond at short notice to actual or suspected incidents and cyber attacks affecting your organisation.
Our services provide management and technical expertise to support executive, business and technical leaders from initial incident discovery through containment, eradication, resuming business as usual activities and conducting post-incident reviews.
Cyber Security Incidents can occur in many forms, but typically fall into the following categories:
- Violation of an explicit or implied Security Policy
- The attempt/s to gain unauthorised access
- Unwanted denial of resources
- Unauthorised use
- Changes without the owner’s knowledge, instruction or consent
We provide organisations with effective and business-orientated CIRM services. Our service is also designed to support mandatory requirements from the Security Policy Framework (SPF) and the ISO 27001 standard, and integrates with the information risk policy and management guidance from the Cabinet Office and CESG, including Forensic Readiness Planning.
The SANS Institute, a cooperative research and education organisation specialising in cyber and information security, produces an annual incident survey. Their reports highlight the most crucial time frames in any incident are:
- Time to detect. How long does it take to find a compromise?
- Time to contain. How long to limit or control the damage?
- Time to remediate. How long to remove the attacker for good?
Our Engineers and Consultants are experienced in developing a robust incident response process and reacting to incidents when they occur.
Our CIRM service includes:
- Manage and respond to high-consequence events which have the potential to seriously disrupt operations, damage reputation and reduce shareholder value
- Assist clients with their technical and forensic analysis of incidents
- Assess incident and support containment / minimisation of damage
- Support clients in their internal communications and reporting
- Incident Response Plan Assessment
- Incident Response Plan Development
- Incident Response Table-top Exercises
- Incident Response Training